Thursday, August 7, 2008

A LITTLE CROCHET FROM THE SLIGHTLY CROCHETY

You know......it sucks that it only takes ONE tiny lousy thing to ruin a perfectly great day. I sat all day today finishing my little teddy bear backpack and then continued to work on my fabulous shawl which I am hoping will be ready for the wedding I plan to wear it to on August 30th. And then WHAM!! the rumor mill kicks in and I'm in a funk for the next hour! UGH! But thank goodness I had a good friend there who was able to give me some good advice on how to not over react, which was cool. So now, I'm pretty chipper...tired, but chipper!

So, here's the little bear that I crocheted.
I named her Priscilla and I kinda love her. :) I am not a person who crochets for the most part, but I have been in the mood for a challenge, ie. learning how to read and follow a crochet pattern. This is the second pattern I have successfully made it through! YAY for humanity! The first one is a cotton tank top that I will show you later once the shawl is completed. So, Priscilla will find her home with my friend's three year old daughter and I hope they will be good buddies for years to come!

Oh, and just in case you're interested: Here's a bag that I designed watching my three favorite shows - Monk, Psych, and Project Runway. I felt kind of relieved that Heidi Klum wasn't watching me crochet, in fear that she would say, "You're out" in that beautiful accent of hers. I'm in, Heidi, I'm IN!!!

Jeff named it Autum Rain. I love the way the Manos just works it's way through the body of the bag. So different then when it is knitted. And I am tickled pink (picture that guys, PINK!) that crochet felts just as nicely.

Here's a close up just so that we can see the texture. It's quite exciting and I am looking forward to making more crocheted bags. Perhaps even a matching wallet!