Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FROG!


I have to say there is definitely something amazing about making something with your very own hands....whether it turns out beautifully and the way you expect it, or horribly! It's still so incredible that this world is filled with people who can look at a skein of yarn and say "One day you will be a felted clog!" Hehe. I've never made a felted clog.......note to self.

SO, I have decided to post my first picture (hence the picture!) This little guy is now living in Montreal with my swap partner, Marie Michele. I remember how quickly this idea came to me. I found out she liked frogs, and the next SECOND, presto!, I see this purse in my head. I knew he had to be needle felted, I knew he had to be quirky, I knew he had to have character, and I knew she had to love it when it was done, because what on earth is the point of making something for someone if they don't totally love it!!! For the love of Peter, Paul and Mary.....what a concept!!!

And it had to be a purse! I think it takes a special kind of woman to rock out and be a little kukoocachoo in a world where sooooo many people are way too serious about themselves

Will post more pics later, now that I have some sort of an idea of what I'm doing.

No comments: