Friday, August 15, 2008

I am going camping tomorrow. Those are probably the most horrifying words I have ever typed. Eeeeee Gads!

So, it's Thursday night and it was a fantastic night at the knitting shop. For the first ten minutes I think I just sat and listened to the eight different conversations that were going on and I was so content. There's nothing better than being in the middle of a group of people who can be carefree and laugh from the belly. It's awesome.

My dear friend, (who I won't name because that might be too embarrassing) came and spend a good deal of the day with me, and I was so happy to see her. But then again, I'm always happy to see her, so I hope she continues to come.

So, back to this crazy thing people call camping. I'm at the point where I think that there's a little alien that has completely taken control of all of the rational parts of my brain. My reasoning for my entire adult life has always been why am I going to pay mortgage every month so that I can purposely sleep OUTSIDE?!! Is it really a vacation if you have to fend off the mosquitoes, pray to God that your tent isn't going to collapse or get struck by lightning, assume that Mama, Papa and Baby bear aren't going to try to run off with your picnic basket, and seriously.....SERIOUSLY is it a vacation when you have to trudge through the woods to go poop in an outhouse?!!!! What is fun about roughing it?

I am freaking out! OK, so we have a tent....a pretty nice one, I think. But now I'm told that I have to bring a tarp to put on TOP of it just in case it rains! AND I can't touch the walls because the water will seep into our new home. Oh, and I need to get some sort of plastic to put UNDER the tent to protect us from water coming into the tent that way. This is totally not making any sense. Why get a tent? What's next.....we have to dig a trench a pour a foundation?!

The only thing I'm confident about is that there will be food. And I'll have my knitting with me. So now, before I lay me down to sleep in my nice bed in the house that we pay to live in, I am making a list of all the things I need for tomorrow.......comfy clothes, food, bottled water, knitting, blankets and pillows.....my sanity.......Oh good Lord!!! What am I doing?

Ugh.....will keep you posted....if I don't eaten by bears first.



-T

4 comments:

Story said...

Campin! You will have a wonderful time. Bears...there are no bears nearby...just watch out for the bobcats. It was so nice seeing you yesterday! Love

LISMI said...

There will be always the option of a nice tea (food) in this famous English place and there are no bears I promise.....

"Sam" said...

A foundation and trench? Hummmmm when we were girl scouts we DID dig a trench around the perimeter of the tent to keep water from running in - but they make tents better these days. You're going to love it! It can be so much fun - really. No bears - I can't promise that 'cause they are in CT - just not near here - bobcats - no I don't think so - they're pretty secretive. Have fun and keep us posted

Delaney's Duds said...

You'll live. And if you don't like it, you never have to do it again.