Sunday, February 22, 2009

THE SCROLLS, THE BEADS, AND THE GREEN FELINE

Today was another day of meds and fluids. At this point I think I must have a sinus infection and the pressure that has been building up in the cavity behind my face has proven to be almost unbearable. I will be taking a trip to a doctor tomorrow to see if I can make this go away.

I didn't do any knitting today. I couldn't decide if I wanted to work on the sock some more, or some lace work, or start something new. So, I just opted to leave it alone until I knew for certain what I wanted to play with. Instead, I decided to sort all of my beads. In the past couple of months, I have been trying to categorize all of my beads and findings, making sure that my finished pieces stay together in their own space.

I had purchased some pretty scroll pins and just for the fun of running my hands through my beads, I tried to see how many different combinations I could come up with, without making the process complicated. I was looking more for variety as opposed to intricacy. The pictures aren't great and not all of them are my favorites, but they will make great gifts for my sister's upcoming birthday.



Here is the lone ranger. I found this amusing glass cat at my local bead shop when I went shopping with my close friend. She ended up getting some pink cats and we made some cute earrings with them. Alas, this poor guy is all alone because in all the hubbub, his partner's ear snapped off. So is the life of the glass cat. But Anne (the owner of the shop) ordered some more for me, so his mate shall be with him shortly. He looks a bit regal, despite his green complexion.

Back to knitting tomorrow. But for now, good night!

~T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice earrings lady! Sorry you've been sick...seems like it's going around.