Friday, February 27, 2009

FORGETFULNESS BEGETS SEEDS & CABLES

People who knit, crochet, quilt, paint, draw, whatever, have the tendency of having several projects going at the same time. It's this bizarre insanity that seems to come over us eventually. My reasons for starting projects vary. I usually have a project going where I know that I have to think about just about every stitch in order for it to come out right, and these are what I call my challenging projects. Then I have those projects where I can just knit away as I talk to friends, watch TV or listen to an audio book. These are my mindless projects.

Tonight, I went to my knitting group with the intention of finishing the second sock. If you've made a ton of socks like I have, it's safe to call it fairly mindless knitting. I had my lace scarf tucked into one of the bags, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to focus on the chart and still be an active participant. So, the sock was a sure bet. I got to my knitting destination, sat down and got settled, and realized I forgot the stupid sock at home. Hmmph.

Digging through my two bags, I had to then decide what I was going to knit. My friend laughed at me because she said that no matter where I went, every time she saw me, I always had a huge stash of yarn to knit with. Well, thank goodness, because I needed SOMETHING. I finally settled on working with the rest of the Sublime Extrafine Merino Wool that I had used to make the baby sweater with. I cast on 30 stitches, started knitting, and by row three of seed stitch, decided I needed to throw in a very basic cable and make myself a scarf.



I am using size five Harmony needles, and even though I wasn't planning on making another scarf anytime soon, I am enjoying it. I love stashes. That's all I've got to say about that.


I must have been talking about my experience of Fiddler on the Roof quite a bit, because my hubby came home from a visit with his parents bearing a gift. His mother just happened to be browsing (which means she was purposefully shopping for me) and she came across something she thought would make me very happy. Now, I have owned a copy of this movie pretty much as long as I can remember. I owned it on video cassette (it was on two tapes because it was too long to fit on one), I owned the DVD full screen, the DVD wide screen, the DVD with an hours worth of extra footage.....but I've never owned one with this particular cover. So JACKPOT!! Hehehe. That was very nice of her. I guess it's no mystery what I will be watching before I go to bed, huh?

Speaking of bed.................

~T

No comments: