Friday, February 20, 2009

KNITTING FOR BUNDLES

I thought I would be feeling far better today than I actually did. All the medication really did was make me groggy and out of sorts, which in turn makes me cranky and annoyed.

My friend Karrie had a baby at the beginning of January, and for a while, I was rushing to try to get a baby sweater finished. It came out of the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book, which I think is an adorable compilation of classic, really useful baby garments, hats and blankets.



And I guess I'm in luck, because I have three friends who are now expecting babies. Not that I was fearful that I would EVER run out of things to knit, but at least now I know what a few of my projects will be. :)

Anyway, I rushed and rushed, and then ended up going over to Karrie's house for a small gathering when her baby was about two weeks old. At that point, we were all knitting, and it didn't make any sense not to work on it, so I showed her what I was planning on giving to her and her cute little bundle. Thankfully, she loved it.....and then I was less stressed and took my time. I have run the ribbon through the eyelets. I need to just finish the collar, and block it. It's a very sweet sweater. I'm hoping at least one of my friends is having a little girl so that I can make it again. Here it is.



The top of the garment and sleeves were done in a seed stitch, and it took me three separate trips to find the right color ribbon to run through the eyelets. I think I found the right one, though.



I worked a little bit more on my sock today. I still think it's amazing how it looks so different when it's worked up.


I made the leg about five and a half inches long instead of the eight inches that the pattern calls for because I hate socks that come up too high. It might have to do with the fact that I have the hefty calf of a baby moose........but moving on. I've turned the heel, and I'm just about done decreasing to the point where I can knit senselessly for a while. Let's see if I can at least get to the toe tonight before I go to bed.

More realistically, let's see if I can knit a few more inches. I'm beat.

~T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the sweater looks very sweet...really like the color.

Delaney's Duds said...

omg! tash, it's gorgeous!