Wednesday, March 25, 2009

QUIET AND CHILLY

Today was an extremely quiet day, but I figured I would write anyway. Things don't always have to be exciting to warrant a blog entry, right? I found myself really wanting to go out and do something outdoors, but temperature wise, spring is holding out on us a little bit. I'm kind of glad now that I have been knitting a lot of socks, because my usually bare feet have been really cold and they are sighing in relief now that they are dressed in some nice warm wool.

I started working on the little baby blanket last night, and then upon inspecting my work this morning, I realized that I was constructing a twin sized afghan. The thing about me is that I tend to go large for everything. If I am cooking for a group of four, by the time I'm finished, I can feed my entire neighborhood. And I think if I didn't have so many ideas for this baby basket, I would probably just continue making the larger afghan. After all, children grow. Regardless, I ripped it out and started all over again.

I have an extreme fondness for the Food Network. I say I watch so that I can get some good ideas for new recipes to try in my kitchen. I think I really watch it so that I can feel sorry for myself that I don't have these great cooks in my kitchen making me these fab meals. So now I am watching the show "Chopped" where these poor chefs are given these mystery baskets of weird ingredients and are told to make some culinary extravaganza ithat can be served in a high end restaurant in a ridiculously short amount of time. The reward for this frenzy of cooking is ten thousand dollars.

It's so easy as a viewer to say, "What are ya, nuts?!! You should have done, this, this, and this!" But in reality, would I know how to make a cohesive meal using Cocoa Puffs, chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff and dehydrated strawberries? Probably not.

Anyhoo, I have some exciting news, which I will most likely write about tomorrow. And noooooooooo, ahead of time to my crazy lunatic friends, I am not having a baby, so don't go thinking crazy thoughts.

Good night for now.

~T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man...i thought it was a baby...yup a baby. let me guess...you have a new job...a new move...a new house...a new car....a new dog, yea that's it a dog!