Monday, August 25, 2008

So, I went bowling tonight and I'm not quite sure that I know what the purpose of a bowling ball is. You would think by looking at me that I have never seen a bowling ball, never mind actually using it! Sucky McGoo is all I can say. And being that tonight was the championship night, you would assume that I would be at the top of my game and play well. Um,.....that would be no. But at least I had a good time and the prize money was enough for me to pay for my spinning class that I have tomorrow with Peggy Church.

My friend Linda and I are going to spin. I've never done it before, but since I am addicted to yarn, this seems like the next logical progression. I'm very excited about it. I'm not sure I'll be successful, but excited none the less.

The shop is now chock full of beautiful new yarn! And of course, I can say chock full and you think...."oh, new yarn". I mean CHOCK FULL. We were all sitting at the table, sorting the gazillion patterns that Sandee has acquired, and then all of a sudden the UPS truck literally backs up right to the door (we thought he was going to run into the shop, he was so close), and boxes upon boxes just came out. We weren't sure they would all fit.

We all just went to work. What else could we do? SO MUCH YARN, and because there was so much I don't even think that I was able to process just how beautiful these new skeins are. I didn't really get a chance to touch them, or even look at them, for that matter. But knitting is definitely going to be that much more satisfying because our options are endless now.

I'm trying to put my week in order, and I fear that I will not complete all the tasks that need to get done. The dress, to be more specific. It's really just finishing work, but I tend to get really picky, so I can't really force myself to rush, because I want it to be as close to perfect as I can get it, ya know? I'm not the type to do a hack job, even though the person who will be wearing the dress would deserve it if the entire ensemble just fell apart. Hehe...that would be funny. Mean and probably a tad bit distracting, but funny.

I'm trying to stay optimistic without freaking out, but, yikes.....a little scary. I'm just going to try to take it all in stride. I wish I had a cheesecake right now. That would help.....

-T

No comments: