Sunday, March 15, 2009

SATISFYING SATURDAYS

I enjoy Saturdays. It's a glorious feeling to wake up and know that the whole day is just a blank canvas. There's something gratifying about not actually having any plans. Last Saturday I went to go spend the day with Julie, who is a friend I met during one my knitting swaps. The day was spent giggling at the antics of her three year old twins, eating yummy food, watching Battlestar Galactica (which her husband had to kind of fill us in on the background story since I haven't watched the series), and of course, knitting. I taught her how to do cables, and by doing this, we came to the conclusion that the book she was using needed a new editor, because the instructions were unclear.

This Saturday, my hubby took me out to breakfast where we sat for an hour and talked over omelets and home fries and piping hot coffee. Following breakfast, we drove out to my local bead shop and I rummaged through all the great beads that reside there. Usually I go in there just to play. This time, my goal was to get an array of beads and findings to begin making the jewelry that my sister and my mother want for their birthdays. I made some earrings about a month ago, and then I couldn't wait, so I gave them to my youngest sister early. So.......more beads for me!

At this point, I have become really comfortable with the whole twisting and crimping involved with jewelry making, so it doesn't take me that long to make a pair of earrings anymore. SO, I got a little carried away. I ended up making matching bracelets to go with the earrings. I want to make a couple more sets.....one for every work day.







After making the earrings, I went back to work on the baby booties that I was inspired to make by a very talented young knitter. I can see myself making a large assortment of these cute little booties. I have already started making a large pair to give to some special family member for this coming Christmas. Never too early to start making gifts. They are ADORABLE!


For the evening, Jeff went to see Gordon Bok perform for a benefit for the Connecticut Audobon Society and because I wasn't up for the long haul, my friend Sarah and I decided to go to the movies to watch He's Just Not Into You.

If you're the type of person who loves chickie flickie movies that point out all of the slightly psycho, quasi stupid things people do concerning love and relationships, this is a good movie to watch. It wasn't a mind boggling movie, the plot line kind of slaps you in the forehead over and over and over again, but I enjoyed it. And because I have a strange mind and I guess easily distracted, I couldn't help but notice during the movie that my now completed Flat Feet sock were oh so comfy on my toes......





and that I need to go to my LYS and get a few more to throw in my sock stash........even though I JUST bought six skeins.........yeah, whatever! No one has convinced me yet that yarn addiction is a bad thing!

Now, I am going to settle in bed, and happily finish the second baby bootie.



I love, love, LOVE Saturdays. :)

~T

1 comment:

Mrs. VanMiddendorp said...

Beautiful work!!! I love those baby booties!!Would you mind sharing the pattern?